At Milestone Group, we understand that your first appointment may make you feel some anxiety or fear. Rest assured, this is quite normal. So we promise to make your first time here as smooth and comfortable as possible.
Your Initial Appointment
When you come in for your first appointment, it’s a good idea to set about one hour aside, although sometimes these appointments can be completed within 45 minutes. During this first session, we’ll spend a few minutes reviewing and signing your intake paperwork. The rest of your session will consist of you and your therapist getting to know each other. At this time you may also decide on one or two initial goals for treatment.
What Will Follow
Part of the next two to three sessions will be devoted to the following:
- Completing a comprehensive, personal history interview
- Completing a simple, pencil-and-paper Symptom Checklist questionnaire
- Reviewing and signing your customized Treatment Plan
- Regular individual or couples session45 minutes
- EMDR session60-90 minutes
- Substance Abuse Evaluation60-90 minutes
- Coaching session60 minutes
- Résumé development60 minutes
Things to Keep in Mind
- Sessions begin at their scheduled time even if you are late.
- Missed sessions or those canceled with less than 24-48 hours’ notice, are charged a $50 Missed Appointment Fee.
- Milestone Group LLC has a zero-tolerance policy against violence, threats of violence, and extreme verbal aggression. No exceptions will be made.
Directions to Our Office: Click Here.